This policy is effective as of 1 July 2012.
At engage we respect the privacy of your information and will do our utmost to ensure that it is kept private. Our objective is to comply with the UK Data Protection Act of 1998 (the "Act") and we take all reasonable care to prevent any unauthorised access to your personal data.
You need an engage account to use our service. When you first register to join engage we collect your email address. This email address will only be used by ourselves to communicate with you about the engage service - we will not use it to send you any other marketing material. Your email address will not be shared by us with any third parties or partner companies without your express permission to do so.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your visits to and use of this website;
- information about any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us and/or subscribing to our website services and/or email notifications;
- information that you provide to us during the set up and use of our products and services; and
- data which your engage system collects and transmits to our servers in relation to system events and measurement of temperature, power consumption etc.
Using your personal data
- improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website;
- send information (other than marketing communications) to you which we think may be of interest to you by post or by email or similar technology;
- send to you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us at email@example.com);
- provide other companies with, or publish, statistical information about our users but this information will not be used to identify any individual user; and improve the quality of our products and services.
- We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
The information we collect and how we use it
Your profile information will never be shared with other members unless you choose to do so by identifying a fellow member as a 'friend' who you want to be able to access your profile.
We will use our best reasonable endeavours to ensure that your data is not accessible by third parties with malign intent.
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser or seller (or prospective purchaser or seller) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling or purchasing.
- to business partners with whom we collaborate in providing the efergy service but under the condition that such partners will only use the data for purposes which are exclusively and necessarily related to the provision of the efergy service; and
- any party so long as you have provided your consent.
Information about website visits
How we will communicate with you
All company communications from us will come from the address firstname.lastname@example.org. We will never ask you for your password via email. At any time you can contact us and ask us to cut off your access to the service and to remove your email address from our database. Engage may send your email address and other personal information if necessary as a response to any legitimate request by authorities with which we must comply due to legal process. Engage may amend this policy from time to time. Any substantial changes will be notified to you via a prominent announcement on our homepage and the date of the latest version of this policy will be provided at the top of this page.
International data transfers
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology. You are responsible for keeping your password confidential. We will not ask you for your password. You are responsible for ensuring that the computer systems and networks you use to access the engage system are secure.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes. You can also instruct us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes by email (to email@example.com) at any time.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites.
The full name of our company is Efergy Technologies Ltd and our address is 320 Main Road, Darnall, Sheffield S94QL (United Kingdom). You can contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. These terms and conditions are based on a freely-available template created and distributed by www.website-law.co.uk.